Can you believe we are in October? It’s a bit crazy that we are so close to Christmas! I personally cannot wait.
Anyhow..I want to let you all know how I got on with Octobers box!
I have had the October Birchbox for a while now so I thought I would let you know how I got on! This is the last box in my three month subscription and I decided not to renew it, and perhaps look for other boxes to try.
So here is what was in this months box and what I thought!
1. Rituals Yogi Flow Rose and Almond Oil shower foam- I love rituals, and everything they do is so subtly scented and beautiful. This shower gel felt like silk on the skin and left me feeling fresh and smelling amazing!
2. Bioderma Micellar Water- This is a firm blogger favourite and I was very excited to try this! It was very gentle on my sensitive skin and didn’t have a residue which I could feel after, it disappeared just like that! I will definitely be investing in this once my Boot Botanics Micellar water finishes.
3. Parlor Smoothing Blow out Spray- My first reaction to this was ARGH, another hair product…But actually it wasn’t too bad. I am pathetic at blow drying my hair myself, but this did add volume and a lovely texture to my hair, so a thumbs up from me.
4. Perfume, English Laundry by Christopher Wicks- At first I thought this sample was a bit of a cop out, compared to the other samples which are much larger. I have never heard of this brand before, and I was keen to try it out! On a night out with hubby I decided to spritz on some instead of my regular perfume. At first it has quite fresh tones, but developed into a gorgeous musk, and almost masculine. I love guys aftershave, and I often use Mr S’s Terre de Hermes (so nice, you have to try it).
5. 100% Pure Pigmented Lip Gloss- Oh my days this is BEAUTIFUL. Not only does it smell like a dream, it has the most subtle hint of pink. Like most lipsticks and pigmenting glosses, they dry my lips out after a while but this was as smooth as silk after every application.
6. WHEN, Travel Mate Mask Sheet- I have to say I held off using this until my husband was away with work, as I knew he would laugh at me with it on! I have to say this was a bit fiddly for me and I definitely didn’t leave it on for the full 30 minutes as it started to get uncomfortable. It is £25 for a pack of four masks. My advice would be, spend the money on a good facial at your beauticians, thumbs down from me I am afraid.
A big no no are the face masks, as I said before invest in a lovely facial every few months instead, you would get more out of it for sure!
What were your picks from this months BIRCHBOX? If you are interested in your own subscription you can set it up here!